About This Blog

Hello Cardlovers! I am Deepthi, a mom of 3 year-old son and a soon to arrive baby! A busy mom with interests in paper crafts ever since I was child. A graduate in Environmental Engineering, I never got the chance to explore my interest in learning the craft until motherhood came along. I love handmade cards, giving gifts, and writing a letter rather than sending an email. So I made this site "Card-a-Mom" - a place for my handmade cards based on my inspirations throughout the world of internet. I just started card making and am constantly learning new techniques in paper crafting. Please leave your suggestions/comments as you explore my blog. Welcome to my space!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy Teacher's Day!!

A blackboard card for teacher's day! I got the inspiration from a youtube tutorial. I added little classroom elements like chalk piece, duster, date, section and a 5 star for the teacher! I was searching for teachers day cards for inspiration and found apples on every card! I wondered how its related to teacher's day and found out that in olden times apples were given as a token of appreciation to teachers and also apple symbolizes knowledge ( as someone mentioned it-no wonder Newton was under an apple tree!).

A ruler and pencil inside the card.

A Pencil card for Teachers day.
There are a lot of pencil shaped cards for teacher on google, I made 2 cards as my 3 year old has two class teachers in his nursery!
Colorful pencils inside the card with letters T E A C H E R !!
Back view of the card- this time its a purple board!!
Happy Teacher's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment